viernes, 10 de octubre de 2014

How green are you?

I might confess I’m not very green (environment-friendly), or maybe my vision about the ecology is not about the actions that we can do, it’s about a lifestyle.
Obviously, each act counts, the recycle is one of the most important things, but here in Chile, specifically in Santiago, we haven’t got a good (or green-efficiently) system for the residue treatment. Firstly, we should have some division between the different materials that are able to recycle (like glass, paper, metal and plastic), the organic waste and the general waste, whit which you cannot do anything (I think, I don’t know).
On the other hand, some local governments have this initial division, but we can doubt about the treatment of those materials, because the recycle industry is limited in Chile, maybe it isn’t beneficial for business people.


But the question is ‘How green are you?’ and I can say I’m green because I use the public transportation, I avoid using plastic bags, I throw waste in trashbins (and not on the street) and I like nature (I visit regularly parks.) But, being self-critical, I don’t separate the recyclable waste, I don’t know recycle-points, I don’t like to reuse some stuff because I prefer buying another one, and a long etcetera.

I want to finish this post stating about some changes (what we have to do) depend on us, and other ones might be a responsibility of the authorities of our country, because we need a system which supports every little help, contributing to the recycling circle.


3 comentarios:

  1. I have to say that I do not recycle my trash, Just the beer cans.Today the children know a lot about this theme, I Hope in future they will do that...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with you, raincoat in the last point, tahat is, we need a system who supports every little help, contributing to the recycling circle.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. if you live in a house you can make a hole and recycle organic waste, for example, which is beneficial for the plants and the insects that live in the ground...

    ResponderEliminar